Chance of taking back great memories is high when you are in Kurukshetra. You can find them in the majestic statue of Arjun near Brahma Sarovar or the land where the war of Mahabharata was fought and where Lord Krishna under the holy Peepal tree delivered his divine message of Bhagavad Gita to Arjun. It is the memory of an epic past, the days of Mahabharata.
When in Kurukshetra, one must visit these historic places -
- Brahma Sarovar: It is believed to be world’s largest man- made pond. The world’s largest bronze- chariot is installed in the centre of this sarovar.
- Jyotisar: It is the famous place where the message of Bhagavad Gita is delivered by lord Krishna to his disciple Arjuna.
- Kurukshetra panorama: It is a vast panorama showing every episode of Mahabharata war and justifying them with scientific explanations.
- Kessel Mall: This is both a mall and a multiplex for foodies and shoppers.
- Dharohar: It is a place to visit if you want to know the culture and tradition of Haryana. It is located in the Kurukshetra University.
- Sheikh Chilli Maqbara: This tomb is built in the memory of the Sufi saint during Mughal era.
- In the evening, to complete the journey, you may watch the Light and sound show on the teachings of the Gita.