Jorhat, despite being a tiny little town in Assam, has ample of beautiful places to visit around. It is a city that has always something in store for almost everyone:
- Kaziranga National Park: For the adventurer in you, take out an entire day on your trip to visit this beautiful park. It is sure to leave all nature lovers in complete awe. Take the Elephant Safari and indulge in its beautiful Flora and Fauna
- Garh Ali: What is a trip without souvenirs? Situated at the centre of the city, Garh Ali is a must visit. You will find the widest variety of products in this market. It is also a great place to hang out and soak in the local culture while munching on some home-grown delicacies.
- Tocklai Tea Research Centre: One of the oldest Tea Research centres in the world, a visit to this place will surely be educative and memorable. It shelters the mother trees of all the tea plants in the world.
- Gymkhana Club: The perfect place to have a relaxed day. The Gymkhana Club has one of the oldest golf courses in the world. You can also catch a horse race on your visit.
- DhekiakhowaBarnamghar: It is a historic shrine that was built by an Assamese Saint in 1461. The historic earthen lamp that has been burning for centuries can be seen here.
A visit to these historically and culturally vibrant places in Johrat is guaranteed to provide you with a trip-full of memories.